Sunday, November 19, 2006

I am gearing up for:

The end of The Bachelor (I liked Lorenzo, but could they not put him opposite some women who were a little more mature?)I'm guessing Jen gets the loan of the ring until her father chases Lorenzo off with his gun and Sadie rides of crying in the limo thankful her virginity is intact.)

Getting hooked on Heroes after The Bachelor ends.

Getting through the winter without Project Runway or Dancing With the Stars (Personally, I think Wila and Max should've come in first, and Jerry Springer second. I guess I should've been voting.)

Seeing whether the blondes or the models win Amazing Race. (I'm gunning for the first two-women team.)

In the meanwhile, here is our next guest from the GCC tour, Lola Douglas. Her novel MORE CONFESSIONS OF A HOLLYWOOD STARLET is just out in hardcover. It's a sequal to TRUE CONFESSIONS OF A HOLLYWOOD STARLET, and it's about Morgan Carter, whose true identity (as a Hollywood starlet) is exposed just as she's falling in love with the simple life she's built in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Now Morgan has a choice to make: return to her glamorous movie star existence--or stick with the wholesome life, and the new love, she's found in the Midwest.

Paris Hilton moves to Green Acres?

I asked her my usual questions...

Are you a TV watcher?

Of course! I adore television. In fact, my next novel is about television (but that’s pretty much all I can say about that).

(Hmmmm, I hope it's not about a curator at the Museum of Television...)

What's your favorite show ever?

MY SO-CALLED LIFE. BEVERLY HILLS may have been one of the first prime time teen dramas, but MY SO-CALLED LIFE nailed the genre perfectly.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

Felicity from Season One of FELICITY. Because when I was her age, I was just crazy enough to follow a boy across the country on the off chance that he might notice me. Thankfully, I’ve since grown up. A lot.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

Yes. One of my favorite mini-scenes in the novel is when she’s hanging out with Emily and Eli, her best friend and love interest. They all want to watch different things, so Morgan suggests they play “Poor Man’s Version.” As in, Skeet Ulrich is the poor man’s Johnny Depp. Whoever comes up with the best pairing gets the remote control.

For more on Lola (why do I think of Barry Manilo every time I write that?) visit her website.



Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?