Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Lisa Kudrow loves her book!

Up this week on the GCC is Ellen Meister, author of SECRET CONFESSIONS OF THE APPLEWOOD PTA, which sounds like so much fun. It's about three women in a Long Island suburb whose friendship is tested when Hollywood comes to town to film a George Clooney movie. And totally exciting -- she has a blurb from Lisa Kudrow.

"The best time I've had in years. Ellen Meister's characters are so funny, smart, and real, I feel like I've made three new friends!" — Lisa Kudrow

I have to interject here -- I loved THE COMEBACK and was bummed to see it canceled.

So... I asked Ellen the usual questions:

Are you a TV watcher?

I honestly love TV, but I don't have a lot of time for it. When The Sopranos is on, I won't miss it. In fact, I plan my week around it. And I'm a sucker for American Idol.

What's your favorite show ever?

Seinfeld. I still find myself quoting it several times a week.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

Several centuries ago, when I turned 29, I was working for a Lou Grant-like boss, and I said to him, "I can't believe I'm 29. I thought I would be Mary Tyler Moore by the time I was 29." He replied, "Ellen, you ARE Mary Tyler Moore." Damn if he wasn't right.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

I have three protagonists in SECRET CONFESSIONS OF THE APPLEWOOD PTA. They're all busy moms, so I don't think they have much time for TV. But I imagine Maddie would like Law and Order, Ruth would like Desperate Housewives, and Lisa's guilty pleasure would be American Idol.

Ellen lives in New York with her husband and three kids, and this is her first novel. To learn more about her visit her website and blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?