Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Diana Peterfreund Would Rather Order From Netflix

Next up on the GCC is Diana Peterfreund, whose novel Secret Society Girl takes us into the heart of the Ivy League’s ultra-exclusive secret societies when a young woman is invited to join as one of their first female members. I asked Diana the usual questions...

Are you a TV watcher?

No. In fact, I haven't had TV in more than a year. We have a set at our house, but it only plays DVDs. It doesn't even get network reception. I find I don't miss it. we have Netflix and if there are any good shows out there, they come out on DVD.

What's your favorite show ever?

Buffy the Vampire Slayer, but I used to be addicted to the X-Files before it went to pot, and I also like the early seasons of The West Wing, as well as MASH.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

I love love love Veronica Mars, but I think she's a damn sight cooler than I'll ever be. But I'd be her in a heartbeat.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

She claims she watches The O.C. at one point, but I'm pretty sure she's lying. I think, like most college students, she doesn't watch a heck of a lot of TV. She does, however, have a video night with her roommate at one point, and they watch the DVD of Bridget Jones's Diary.

For more info check out here website and blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?