Saturday, July 08, 2006

Joshilyn Jackson is a closet Velma

Joshilyn Jackson's second novel BETWEEN, GEORGIA is out and, like GODS IN ALABAMA, it's a number 1 Booksense pick. Joshilyn has been compared to Fannie Flagg, who was born in Alabama and is the author of the amazing book FRIED GREEN TOMATOES.(And used to be the lover of Rita Mae Brown, who outed her as a lesbian.)But I always will think of Fannie Flagg as an actress who used to be a contestant on 70s game show THE MATCH GAME. This never exactly made sense to me. I mean how many actresses go on to write best selling novels? But guess what... Joshilyn used to travel around the South acting in a Dinner Theater Troupe. Coincidence? I don't think so!

I asked her the usual questions...

Are you a TV watcher?

I am. I LOVE TV!!! I am a professional insomniac, and if I READ at night, and the book is good, I get too interested to sleep. So I put on my lovely, lovely talking box, and it soothes me and makes the hamster who runs so endlessly in my brain-wheel be still.

What's your favorite show ever?

BUFFY!

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

Probaby Velma, from Scooby-Doo. Luckily, my husband thinks Velma is hot. So.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

Nope. The novel takes place over a small amount of time, and it begins with a hideous, violent interlude that throws a whle town into a big fat mess. No one really pauses to watch TV. A couple of them READ though. *grin*

For more on Joshilyn visit her website and check out her blog.

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?