Monday, May 15, 2006

Alison Pace is a fan of Grey's Anatomy and Pugs

Alison Pace is the author of the novels IF ANDY WARHOL HAD A GIRLFRIEND and PUG HILL. She doesn't actually own a pug, but she has had twelve dogs over her lifetime, including: a St. Bernard, an English mastiff, a Scottish terrier, a Corgi, and three Chinese shar-peis.

I did have a dachshund when I was, like, ten, and have never quite gotten over my parents making me give it away because my brother was allergic. Now that I'm old enough to get my own dog (and I do love dogs) I still can't have one because my husband is against the idea of having a dog in a city apartment. One day, though, when I'm old and gray, I will get a dog. I will get a dog, and I will watch all the TV I want, and no one will be able to stop me.

To be honest, I'm not completely sure how pugs enter into Alison's novel -- we will need to read it to find out! But I'm quite intrigued by the main character, who works at the Metropolitan Museum of Art and has a fear of public speaking. When she finds out she has to make a speech at her parents' fortieth wedding anniversary party, she signs up for a public speaking class. But will it work?

Isn't it so much easier just to avoid all public appearances, stay home and watch TV? I asked Alison about her television watching proclivities...

Are you a TV watcher?

I am, yes. Less so than I used to be, but
that's more because nothing good is ever on and less because I've taken
up more intellectual pursuits.

What's your favorite show ever?

Ever? Oh, I don't know about ever, but right now it's Grey's Anatomy. I was quite fond of Beverly Hills
90210 in my youth.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

Pam on
The Office

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

Yes, she watches a
recording of a Zoloft commercial.

Check out Alison's website and blog. Oh, man, now I just realized what I should've asked Alison. What's your favorite dog in television history? Alison?



Comments:
i read that book and loved it. it actually inspired me to find pug hill with a friend of mine. we found a hill in central park, on the east side in the 70s, that attracts many cute dogs, but only a few pugs...*sigh*
 
Hi Stephanie,
I'm quite fond of Eddie on Frasier. Thanks for the post -Alison
 
Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?