Thursday, March 30, 2006

Tanya Lee Stone -- Carrie Bradshaw for teens (minus the shoe obsession)

Tanya Lee Stone is up next on the Girlfriend Cyber Circuit Tour. Her young adult novel A BAD BOY CAN BE GOOD FOR A GIRL sounds totally intriguing. As she puts it: Why are so many women attracted to the “bad” boy? You know him—you went to high school with one, and maybe were involved with that boy yourself. He’s the golden boy, maybe a star athlete, and always in the “in” crowd. And he is BAD with a capital B. But can being involved with the wrong guy end up being good for you?

Tanya explores this idea in her novel and takes an honest look at love and sex. A BAD BOY CAN BE GOOD FOR A GIRL is the story of three very different girls and their relationships with one bad boy.

Hmmm... if I wasn't married, I'd go out and get myself a bad boy... but since I am, I'll just have to go and get myself the book.

By the way, Tanya wrote an interesting article about sex in young adult literature. I agree with her when she says that "books are possibly the safest place for [teens] to learn about sex -- not just the physical part but also the complex web of emotions that accompanies it." I'd say that goes for grown-ups too, yes?

Tanya will be talking about sex and fiction during a Random House Teen Author Tour April 17-28. The tour stops in Chicago, Dayton, OH, Washington, D.C., Philadelphia, and New York City. Stone will be touring with three other authors, including fellow GCC member E. Lockhart for her new release, Fly on the Wall: How One Girl Saw Everything. For event details closer to the date, check her website and hop on over to her Live Journal.

But, I know you really want to know, is she a TV watcher? Well, I made sure to ask...

I'm mainly a late-night TV watcher. I'd like to thank SoapNet for running 10 pm same-day episodes of General Hospital!

What's your favorite show ever?

Sex and the City! I also LOVE Jon Stewart's Daily Show.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

Carrie Bradshaw, of course--minus the shoe obsession; the whole shopping gene in general passed me by, much to my sister's dismay.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

Nope--the tube doesn't make an appearance in Bad Boy.

Gee, I guess her characters must have been busy doing some other more interesting activities...

Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?