Sunday, March 19, 2006

Johanna Edwards DOES watch TV and even has TiVo!

Author of YOUR BIG BREAK Johanna Edwards is my guest this week on the Girlfriend's Cyber Circuit. Johanna wrote THE NEXT BIG THING, a bestselling novel about a woman who goes on a weight loss reality show. And this was before The Big Loser was ever on. I read the book, and it's lots of fun!

Her next one sounds great too. It's about a woman who "breaks people up" for money. But company rule #5 (do not get personally involved) is getting harder to obey. One of her dumpees is turning out to be the kind of guy she might just want to pick up on the rebound.

Maybe they'll make a reality show now about a woman for hire who breaks people up. Much more interesting that watching people get together, don't you think? I mean really, it's not a bad idea...

I asked Johanna my usual questions. Not surprisingly, she is no stranger to her TV set. And we definitely have similar tastes.

Are you a TV watcher?

Oh, yes, big time. I watch soooo many TV shows I'm almost ashamed to admit it! I love everything from hour-long dramas like Grey's Anatomy to reality shows like The Amazing Race. My TiVo is by best friend.

What's your favorite show ever?

Seinfeld is my favorite sitcom and Once & Again is my favorite drama. It's so hard to choose between the two!

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

I'm sure every girl around my age says this, but it would have to be Angela Chase from My So-Called Life.

Does your main character watch any TV in the novel?

She doesn't...I guess she's totally different from me.

Hey, now that's fiction! Maybe I'll write a character who doesn't watch TV one day...

To find out more about Johanna and YOUR BIG BREAK, visit her at her website.



Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?