Thursday, January 19, 2006

It's just not the same without Tatum

I'm still enjoying Dancing With the Stars, but this is the problem: I don't know who to root for! They all seem to be so well adjusted. Yes, they all want it and and they're all working hard (more or less) but there's no one who NEEDS it. John O'Hurley really NEEDED it and Kelly Monoco had to prove she did not belong at the bottom... but this time around? Tatum needed it. And she's gone.

So now what?

George Hamilton continues to provide comic relief. This week he went to a senior center to get people to vote for him. But his dancing? I'm worried about his knee.

Lisa Rinna was pretty good this week, and I tried to want her to win. But that fake tan is off-putting, and the collagen lips still distract. And I don't think she should've tried to win sympathy points by mentioning her dog was put to sleep.

Giselle Fernandez was stiff again, like the first week. I think the dance was hard for her, as it was for Stacy Keibler, who is going to pop a vein in her forehead, I swear, from smiling so hard.

There's Jerry Rice, who seems like a nice guy, but I'm not really a football fan. Draw Lachey? Eh. He's good. The only guy who can really compete here. But I just can't get emotionally excited. P. Miller? Please. It was a little shocking to hear Len say outright that he should be voted out. And that will probably only bring in even more votes for him. As a matter of fact, in a way, the person I'm rooting for most is his partner Ashly DelGrosso, simply because she's had to be such a good sport about having him as a partner.

Like, I imagine, most people, I felt like Tia Carrere stole the show last night. Her tango was the best dance of the night. And she's suffered with that meanie partner. And she just had a baby. And she's lost 20 pounds. But does she NEED this? I don't think so.

I think Giselle is in big danger of being voted off this week. Come to think of it, she probably needs it more than anyone, what with her memory of her father, who was a professional dancer. Maybe I'll root for her. But wouldn't that be just like me to root for the next person who gets voted off...






Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?