Friday, January 13, 2006

Giselle Pulls Ahead

ga·zelle ( P ) Pronunciation Key (g-zl)
n.
Any of various small, swift antelopes of the genus Gazella and related genera of Africa and Asia, characteristically having a slender neck and annulate horns.

Okay, I admit, I have no idea if the name Giselle is related to the word gazelle, but I can't help but make the association after watching Giselle Fernandez get in touch with her inner-Latina on last night's Dancing with the Stars. She came out last and was great. I'm even willing to forgive her for being a newscaster now.

Tatum O'Neil, on the other hand, was disappointing, and I really hope she can handle it. Her dancing didn't have that zing last night, and she complained afterwards that the rhumba is too slow for her. Hmmm.... And then the excuse about being an actress. Is she just on here to get cast in something? (Did I just sound a little bit naive by asking that?) But no, she does wants to win, or at least do well. She doesn't want to get kicked off now. I fear it will drive her to drinking and drugs. Or maybe she'll turn into a favored underdog like Kelly Monoco did last time. Somehow I'm doubting she will have the inner-strength (inner-Irish?) to do it, but you never know... She did a fantastic job of doing the splits. Who knew she could do that?

As a matter of fact, isn't it a little freaky that so many of these celebraties are so nimble? I'm sure they work out, being in the business an all, but still...

On the other hand, can we please just say good bye to Master P? He is so not into it. Though he does provide a great foil for George Hamilton, who gave me a laugh out loud moment when he said he was dancing "for the hood." Meaning Beverly Hills, Palm Beach...






Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?