Monday, January 02, 2006

Andi Buchanan's new anthology out this month

Andi Buchanan is a busy mom. Her collection of essays Mother Shock, which came out in April 2003, explores one of my favorite subjects -- the ambivalent feelings that come with being a mom. (See my essay on my website momlit.com.) As a matter of fact, all her books touch on these hard to accept, hard to admit feelings. Oh, and she also writes a lot about those good feelings too! (Let's not forget those.)

It's a Boy came out last November. Literary Mama: Reading for the Maternally Inclined came out this month. That's a collection of work from the online literary magazine LiteraryMama.com, which she co-founded. It's a Girl will be coming out in April.

So... does this woman have time to watch much TV? Does she ever run to the "boob tube" for escape? (Is watching TV like breastfeeding? Maybe it's not so nurturing, but it does calm one down... except when you're watching Nip/Tuck or Twilight Zone reruns...) She's up next on the Girlfriend's Cyber Circuit, and I had the chance to ask her about her TV watching proclivities.

Are you a TV watcher?

I do watch some TV, though not a lot. Most of the TV I watch is kids' TV, since I have two little kids, and my "grown-up" time, when I'd ordinarily watch TV, is mostly spent working.

What's your favorite show ever?

I love Arrested Development and The Daily Show.

What TV character (past or present) do you identify with most?

I guess since I have two little kids, the character I most relate to at this point in my life is Steve from Blue's Clues (not Joe -- we're old-school Blue's Clues fans in this household!). A guy, surrounded by younger characters, who has to write everything down to explain his own world to himself? I can relate.

For more info visit Andi's website.






Comments: Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?